Monday, March 30, 2009

A picture is worth a thousand words


I hear mom calling us down stairs to come and eat. My name is jenny I am six years old. I live with my mom, grandma, and my two other brothers Kenny and Robert. We don’t do to school we stay here and work on our farm. Robert was the first one up and he ran up stairs really happy and yelling and scream that today father is going to come home. Me and Kenny had gotten up an went down stairs mo told us to go and get things ready for them to eat and after they eat they have o go clean because there father is coming home today. Kenny had went to go get the milk I had went to go get the oatmeal. We had told grandma molly that father was coming home. She said that she was very happy that he was coming home. That why she was going to make a big dinner for him to come home.

She told me that she was going to make all the food that he had like. she was going to make the cornbread and the apple pie for me. I told her that it would be good. That when Kenny come and ask for the oatmeal that he was hungry. I told him that I was coming and that grandma molly was talking to me. He had gotten he oatmeal that he always eats and he got my for me . we had went to the kitchen ate the oatmeal and then we had to clean up and go clean outside. My jobs were to clean out the chicken pins and to clean out the weeds that are in the gardens. When I was done with that I had to go help mom with the dinner. While Robert and Kenny have to finish cleaning out side. Robert really little so he can help with the little things.

While I was washing the corn in the sink I heard mom telling grandma molly that there was a chance that father was not going to make it. But he said that there was also a chance that he was. Mom came in and told me to start making the dough for the bread and hat she will come and help me with the rest after I finish mixing it. When I finish mixing it I called mom in the kitchen for her to help me to shape the bread for we can put it in the oven. After that we had to making the chicken and the other things that we had to cook. We had made the chicken next because that had took along time. Kenny and Robert had came in to get the rest of the things that they need. Mom told me to make them some food for them to eat for them not to get tired while they are working Kenny thought it was funny and told mom that he didn’t wan to get sick.

She asked him why and Kenny said because jenny was making it. Kenny and everybody laugh even the dog started barking and that made Kenny laugh even more. Jenny got mad but grandma molly had came in and told him that he still had to eat it. And if he got sick that they will take care of him. Jenny started laughing at Kenny and then we hear Robert saying I don’t care if I get sick I want to eat. Then everybody laugh. Jenny got them food and then she had to wish the dishes for them to cook the next thing. Mom told jenny that there also going to cook a roast. Jenny got everything that they needed and by the time they were done the boys were done to. Everybody got clean up and got ready fot there father to come home.

While there were waiting fot the father to come home jenny ask her mother why did father leave so far away. She said that she had to it was part of what he love to do. Kenny said what go to the army far away. Her mother said yes he had no choice to go. They had sat down at the table and waited for their father. Later on the dog had came in the door and jumping on mom lap. For the food. The house had came in the window for people to feed him. Mom gave him little bit of food and jenny was giving some food for the dog but the dog never gave me none. The door open and we hearedfather come home. And we were happy to see him and that we can all eat like one big happy family.

3 comments:

  1. I really liked this story!

    Try to use "" when characters are talking

    **spid3rpig

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes i agree nice story use more punctuation
    for dialogue other than that great story
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice story but go over it again so you can put more punctuation.
    *Dalia*

    ReplyDelete